We are blessed to live in one of the wealthiest countries and times this world has ever known. Along with that wealth comes great responsibility to be good stewards with what we have been entrusted. Charitable planning is a great way to give back to the community and the world in which you live, and it can provide significant tax advantages as well. Charitable giving can happen during life or at death. Charitable planning can range from simple outright gifts to the establishment of a family foundation. Please take some time to ask yourself the following five questions:
1. What charities am I passionate about?
2. Who or what helped me get to where I am today?
3. What can I do to make this world a better place?
4. How much is enough to give my beneficiaries?
5. Have I appropriately addressed charitable planning in my estate plan?